- Library Information
Item request has been placed! ×
Item request cannot be made. ×
Off-Campus Access to Research Databases
The Wilson College library pays the subscription fees for our library's databases, journals, and eBooks. All current Wilson College students, faculty, and staff are covered by these subscriptions. These electronic resources are hosted on external sites that restrict use to subscribers only. Eligible users on the Wilson College campus will automatically be authenticated as a subscriber. Users off-campus must be authenticated using a 'proxy server.' So, if you click a proxied link (one that contains "ezproxy.wilson.edu") while off-campus, you will encounter the John Stewart Memorial Library - Research Database Login page.
The login used to access Wilson College e-mail or The Portal will be the same login used for library resources:
Once you have logged in, you should be automatically redirected to the resource you are trying to access.
*Note: Proxy server sessions time-out after 1.5 hours. You will be prompted to login via the Research Database login page again when your session expires.
If you are having trouble with logging into a database directly or with the Wilson Library Catalog login please see the tabs to the left, or Ask a Librarian.
Logging in to the Library Website
When using OneSearch from off-campus, you will find that you need to log in to access some of the resources you find. Sometimes when you click on a resource, you will be taken to a page that says "John Stewart Memorial Library - Research Database Login." Enter your regular Wilson credentials and you should be taken directly to that resource. (See the "Off-Campus Access to Research Databases" tab to the left for more information on how this works.)
Other times when you click on a resource, you will see a login page pop up that looks like this:
Again, simply enter your regular Wilson username and password and you should be taken directly to the resource that you clicked on. Note: Your username should be entered WITHOUT the "@wilson.edu" part.
You can also log in to the library website before you even start your search. At the top of every library homepage, you will see a menu with a "Login" button:
Click "Login" and enter your Wilson credentials. Now you will have access to results in OneSearch without having to log in again.
If you are having trouble logging in or cannot access a resource, please see the tabs to the left, or Ask a Librarian.
1. If you are using a personal computer, you may need to clear your browser's cache before you are able to access library resources. See instructions on how to clear your browser's cache here.
2. Try another browser. If you use Internet Explorer, try Firefox or Chrome to determine if you have a better experience. If your experience is still poor, please contact the library and identify the resources that you are unable to access.
3. Turn cookies on while doing library research. See instructions for enabling cookies here.
4. Turn off pop-up blocker. Find instructions here.
5. Allow the library and any problematic sites as trusted sites. Find instructions here.
6. If you have Norton Antivirus or another security program, add the library database URL to the program's "Allow" preferences, Or, temporarily try to disable the security program while accessing the database.
Off-Campus users who are experiencing technical difficulties with electronic resource access via the library should try the above steps. Additionally, users should make sure that they are logging in correctly on the Database Research login page (see instructions here).
Software and Add-ons
To read many articles and most eBooks, you will need the most recent version of the following programs installed:
- Adobe Reader: http://http://get.adobe.com/reader/
- Adobe Flash: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
- Adobe Digital Editions: http://www.adobe.com/products/digital-editions/download.html
- Java: http://www.java.com/en/download/index.jsp
- A plug-in is needed to read EBSCO eBooks
If you have Norton Antivirus or another security program, add the library database URL to the program's "Allow" preferences, Or, temporarily try to disable the security program while accessing the database.
Wilson Library Catalog
Current Wilson College students, faculty and staff may now log in to the library catalog to manage their accounts. Once logged in, you can place holds on books, view the items you currently have checked out including their due dates, request renewals, and update your personal information or change your password.
To login to the library catalog, users should visit this link: http://wilson.bywatersolutions.com/ and input their login credentials in the boxes on the right:
Please note that this login will be different from your regular Wilson username and password. The default login name for the Library Catalog is firstname.lastname, and the default password is lastname. Once you're logged in, you can change your password to something more secure but still easy for you to remember.
If you have forgotten your login and password or need to have them reset, please Ask a Librarian.